The Wits University Online Application 2023 window for admission into undergraduate qualifications (higher certificates, advanced certificates, diplomas, advanced diplomas & degrees), Honors degrees & postgraduate diplomas, and Master’s & doctoral qualifications for the current academic year is now open.
If you are an aspirant seeking admission to undergraduate or postgraduate programs at Wits University, you must apply for admission via the Wits University online application page. For more details about the Wits University offered courses and programs, please check the Wits University Prospectus 2023- Pdf Download
WITS ONLINE APPLICATION IMPORTANT NOTES
Before applying for admission at The University of the Witwatersrand (WITS);
- Make sure you meet the admission requirements and the required academic points score for your chosen qualification. Every qualification is unique and may require a specific set of subjects and points to To familiarize yourself with the University of the Witwatersrand admission requirements here
- Make sure you have done your research to find out what you need to apply. For more details about the University of the Witwatersrand offered courses and programs, Please Check the University of the Witwatersrand prospectus here
- Have Valid Contact Details: Ensure that you have a valid cellphone number and email address. The University of the Witwatersrand corresponds with applicants during and after the application process. Only provide one email address and cellphone number to receive your messages on time.
- Prepared Your Documents: These documents will be required from students applying to study at the University of the Witwatersrand for the first time. You will need to upload them as part of your application so make sure you have the following before you begin the online process. For all students who wish to apply for admission at the University of the Witwatersrand are recommended to have the following essential documents/attachments (scanned & uploaded to an electronic device)
- Copy of your school qualifications (eg Senior Certificate, National Senior Certificate)
- Copy of your official tertiary academic record(s) (if applicable) (internet copies will not be accepted)
- Copy of your ID document (RSA students) or ID/passport (international students)
- Copy of your marriage certificate (if applicable) or divorce decree (if applicable)
- Sworn translations of documents if they are not in English or Afrikaans
How to Apply for admission at WITS University of the Witwatersrand – Apply online at WITS University of the Witwatersrand for 2023/2024
University of the Witwatersrand WITS Online Application process can be a little bit challenging especially If you are a new applicant, below you will find a full guide about how to apply for 2023 academic year admission at the University of the Witwatersrand;
Apply online by following these easy guidelines- WITS Online Application
You are encouraged to submit your application online
- Step 1 – Click on the link above and select the relevant option. This will enable you to create a profile and password to continue with an online application. Please ensure you use your current e-mail address and current cell number as you will be sent numerous e-mails and SMS’s with important information before and after submitting your application.
- Step 2 – Once your password has been created and you have confirmed your e-mail address you will be directed to the application portal to start your application. A series of details are required (contact details, employment information, academic qualifications, etc.).
- Step 3 –You will need to upload your academic qualifications and any other additional documents required before you will be able to submit the application. Note that this does not apply to the following items – Application Fee, SAQA certificate of evaluation, Final Academic Record.
- Step 4 – Once you have submitted the application an e-mail will be sent to you confirming that the application has been submitted, and a letter of acknowledgment will follow the next day.
- Step 5 – The uploaded documents will be verified in order to complete the application, after which the application is sent to the School for evaluation.
- Step 6 – Places are limited, therefore you may only accept one offer. You are required to respond to the offer within a few days to secure your place. Download the Acceptance Guide
The Checklist Explanation Document will guide you in defining the documents that are required for your WITS Online Application should you not be certain.
Outstanding documents must be uploaded via the student self-service portal @ https://self-service.wits.ac.za. Student ID is your person/student number; Password is your date of birth in the format ‘YYMMDD.
Student ID: Student Number/ Person Number
Password: If DOB is 1991/09/28 you enter in 910928
- Download the Self-Service Guide here.
- Alternatively, watch the video here.
Once you have logged on, click the Student Centre tile, check your ‘To do’ list, and click Manage Documents to upload any outstanding items.
Remember to save your documents and name them correctly as you can only upload them once against a particular category.