The University of KwaZulu-Natal (UKZN) is accepting online applications for the 2023/2024 academic year. As a result, UKZN encourages prospective students to register as soon as possible for the 2022 academic year online application or via application form (Hard-Copy).
The University of Kwazulu-Natal (UKZN) aims to establish a value-driven organizational culture that empowers the Institution and its people to achieve institutional goals. To join UKZN as a student and divulge in their vision, apply now for 2023.
The University of KwaZulu-Natal, also known as UKZN, is a university with five campuses in the province of KwaZulu-Natal in South Africa. It was formed on 1 January 2004 after the merger between the University of Natal and the University of Durban-Westville.
We suggest you read the University of KwaZulu-Natal(UKZN) Prospectus 2023- Pdf Download in order to get a greater understanding of the institution.
How To Apply
Applications must be done through the Central Applications Office (CAO) with early provisional offers being made to qualifying applicants. Early provisional offers will be made on Grade 11 results, as the Basic Education sector has not yet confirmed the status of the 2021 June and/or Trial examinations. Below are the steps on how to apply using CAO:
- Go to the CAO website
- Read How to use the programme list
- Refer to the summary of codes used
- Use the ‘Index’ to find which page the programme is on
- Click on ‘Apply’ on top
- Go to Apply Now
- Complete the application by filling in all required details and following the prompts
- Print out the declaration and deposit slip
- Pay application fee
- Attach required documents and proof of payment to the form of declaration
- Post to CAO OR hand in at CAO offices
- Keep the receipt and make a note of the CAO number and password in order to track your application status later
- South African applicants with an International Matric/School leaving certificate should apply via www.ukzn.ac.za/. Application from International applicants (that is all applicants outside of the South African borders) should apply via www.ukzn.ac.za/Postgraduate Applicants for 2021 are encouraged to apply via www.ukzn.ac.za/Past Matric applicants with a South African Matric/NSC should also apply via the CAO. Please remember to upload the following documents (where applicable):
- Certified copy of your ID/passport.
- Certified copy of your National Senior/Matric Certificate or O/A Levels or relevant school leaving qualification/certificate.
- Proof from Universities South Africa (previously known as HESA), that you qualify for admission to degree studies at South African universities if you are an international applicant. For more information, refer to the undergraduate prospectus
- Certified copies of your degree certificate(s), academic record, and certificate of conduct, if you attended other universities.
- Proof of English proficiency for international applicants from non-English speaking countries.
- South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA) evaluations if the previous qualification(s) was/were obtained at foreign universities (outside South Africa).
- A research proposal/proposed title of the dissertation/thesis if you are applying for a Masters’s Degree or Ph.D.
- A valid study visa to study in SA if you are an international applicant.
- Before applying online please make sure that you have read the guidelines above.
- Please ensure that you have the HESA/SAQA documents to be uploaded in order to complete your application.
- Please ensure to use reference APPN (followed by your student number) when making application fee payments.
- Please allow the system 24 hrs to 48 hrs to clear your payment.
How to Track Your Application
- Go to the CAO Website
- Click on My Application
- Fill in details and follow the prompts
- You should be able to view your status then
Deadline For UKZN Online Application 2023
It is profitable to know the exact closing dates for the institutions you want to apply to. Applying after the deadline may ruin your chances of getting admitted.
To know what the deadline is, visit UKZN Application Deadline for 2023