The University of Free State UFS Online Application 2023 window for admission into undergraduate qualifications (higher certificates, advanced certificates, diplomas, advanced diplomas & degrees), Honors degrees & postgraduate diplomas, and Master’s & doctoral qualifications for the current academic year is now open.
If you are an aspirant seeking admission to undergraduate or postgraduate programs at the University of Free State UFS, you must apply for admission via the University of Free State online application page. For more details about the University of Free State offered courses and programs, please check the UFS Prospectus 2022/2023- Pdf Download
UFS ONLINE APPLICATION IMPORTANT NOTES
Before applying for admission at The University of the Free State (UFS);
- Make sure you meet the admission requirements and the required academic points score for your chosen qualification. Every qualification is unique and may require a specific set of subjects and points to To familiarize yourself with the University of the Free State admission requirements here
- Make sure you have done your research to find out what you need to apply.
- Have Valid Contact Details: Ensure that you have a valid cellphone number and email address. The University of the Free State corresponds with applicants during and after the application process. Only provide one email address and cellphone number to receive your messages on time.
- Prepared Your Documents: These documents will be required from students applying to study at the University of the Free State for the first time. You will need to upload them as part of your application so make sure you have the following before you begin the online process. For all students who wish to apply for admission at the University of the Free State are recommended to have the following essential documents/attachments (scanned & uploaded to an electronic device)
- Copy of your school qualifications (eg Senior Certificate, National Senior Certificate)
- Copy of your official tertiary academic record(s) (if applicable) (internet copies will not be accepted)
- Copy of your ID document (RSA students) or ID/passport (international students)
- Copy of your marriage certificate (if applicable) or divorce decree (if applicable)
- Sworn translations of documents if they are not in English or Afrikaans
How to Apply for admission at UFS University of the Free State – Apply online at UFS University of the Free State for 2023/2024
University of the Free State UFS Online Application process can be a little bit challenging especially If you are a new applicant, below you will find a full guide about how to apply for 2023 academic year admission at the University of the Free State;
UNDERGRADUATE UFS ONLINE APPLICATIONS
- Please click HERE to consult the Undergraduate Prospectus to ensure you meet the minimum entrance requirements before applying.
- Each prospective student must complete the UFS Online Application.
- Once your online application has been submitted and processed, you will receive a student number (Reference number).
- Receiving a student number (Reference number) does NOT imply that you have been accepted by the University of the Free State yet.
- In the case of applicants re-writing Grade 12 subjects, applications will be processed on the current results available. If Grade 12 has been written more than once then your combined results must be submitted with your UFS Online Application.
- Applicants writing the National Senior Certificate (NSC) through IEB or SACAI examining bodies can apply online by selecting “National Senior Certificate” under the Results Detail page of the UFS Online Application process.
- Applicants currently in Grade 12 are requested to provide school stamped copies of final Grade 11.
- Applicants transferring from another university/tertiary institution are required to declare their previous studies when applying as well as upload a full academic record/transcript and degree/diploma certificate (where applicable).
- The University of the Free State does not accept the General Education Development (GED) test for entry into any of its curricular undergraduate qualifications. The GED is no longer recognized by Universities South Africa (USAF), and is not equivalent to a South African grade 12 (NSC/IEB/SACAI). Applicants who completed the GED and would like to study towards an undergraduate curricular qualification are advised to register and complete a grade 12 NSC/IEB/SACAI or international equivalent thereof.
- Applicants who did not complete SC/NSC/IEB must have USAF accreditation from the examination board for South African Universities. Click HERE to apply online for conditional exemption, foreign conditional exemption, or mature age conditional exemption, or send an email to [email protected].
- To apply for the University Access Programmes (UAP), please click HERE to ensure you meet the minimum admission requirements before applying.