The UCT Online Application form for the 2023/2024 academic session is out. But before you apply, we suggest you review the UCT Prospectus 2023 to understand what the institution is all about and what it has to offer.
Students are advised to prepare the following documents before starting the application process;
1 .Copy of your school qualifications (eg Senior Certificate, National Senior Certificate)
2. Copy of your official tertiary academic record(s) (if applicable) (internet copies will not be accepted)
3. Copy of your ID document (RSA students) or ID/passport (international students)
4. Copy of your marriage certificate (if applicable) or divorce decree (if applicable)
5. Sworn translations of documents if they are not in English or Afrikaans
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS FOR ELIGIBILITY
- Applicants holding a South African National Senior Certificate (NSC) need to pass a minimum of 4 subjects at a rating of 4 (Adequate Achievement, 50-59%) or better in any four 20-credit NSC subjects.
- Applicants holding a South African Senior Certificate need matriculation endorsement.
- Also, applicants holding non-South African school-leaving certificates must qualify for a matriculation exemption certificate.
- All applicants must have attained a certain level of proficiency in English and are required to submit evidence of this, as outlined below, as part of their application to study.
- South African Senior Certificate undergraduate applicants to UCT must have achieved a pass of 40% or more on the Higher Grade in English (First or Second Language) at Senior Certificate level.
- South African NSC undergraduate applicants to UCT, must have achieved a rating of 2 (Elementary Achievement, 30-40%) or better at Home Language or First Additional Language level.
HOW TO APPLY
- You may apply online from 1 April 2022 for undergraduate studies at UCT in 2023. Do well to submit your application before the deadline as the institution does not consider late applications. If you are having problems applying online, you are allowed to submit a paper application here
- An application fee must be paid for every application. Note that; UCT students and graduates, as well as Semester Study Abroad (SSA) applicants, are exempt from the application fee unless applying to a Graduate School of Business (GSB) programme.
- Documents must be submitted as certified electronic copies to firstname.lastname@example.org (undergraduate applicants) or email@example.com (postgraduate applicants). Note: Do not submit to both addresses as it will only delay the processing of your application.
- After submitting your application, monitor your email address closely for updates as UCT corresponds with their applicants both during and after the application process. You can also check your application status online with the log-in credentials that will be sent to you after you apply.
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE
To avoid missing out on opportunities, candidates are advised to be aware of the deadlines of the specific qualification you’re interested in at UCT. To check yours, please visit UCT Application dates 2023